Brooks Tractor is a leader in construction equipment sales and support for John Deere construction equipment as well as other top-quality lines. Brooks is a family orientated company that has been providing customers with the most cost-effective construction equipment solutions since 1945. This is an opportunity to be part of a proven, successful support team and enjoy a career with a company that is extremely dedicated to its customers as well as its employees. Brooks Tractor Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Summary of Position
Builds customer relationships by traveling to customer locations to perform follow-up activities on complete goods, parts and service sales, address customer concerns, promote aftermarket sales, furnish technical support where applicable and collect profiling information in order to enhance the customer experience. This position would provide sales support for parts and service based out of our Sun Prairie facility. This is a first shift, full time, minimum 40-hour position, and additional hours may be required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Markets parts and service sales such as extended warranties, maintenance plans, machine inspections, overhauls, standard job quotes, and special parts promotions
- Performs follow-up calls at customer locations on complete goods and major parts and service
- Addresses customer concerns and resolves problems effectively and satisfactorily
- Profiles customer’s machines, vehicles and demographic information
- Participates in product presentations at customer clinics, pre-Expo Meetings, John Deere Days and meetings held outside the dealership
- Assists the Sales department with after sales calls to ensure equipment operates to the customer’s satisfaction
- Provides limited technical support where applicable
Educations, Skills, and/or Experience Requirements
All applicants must have a good working knowledge of construction equipment maintenance; with an aptitude for sales to interact with customers and to provide information in response to inquiries about construction equipment, products and services. Driver’s license and clean driving record is required. Applicant must have mechanical background and working knowledge of construction equipment, with some in-field sales experience. Must have the ability and desire to be out meeting and working with customers in various conditions and environments. Needs to be knowledgeable and proficient in computer usage. This is not a clerical or retail type position
In addition to being able to sit, stand, walk, read, talk, write and hear, to perform the essential functions of this job an individual must be able to do the following additional activities: Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.