Brooks Tractor is a leader in construction equipment sales and support for John Deere construction equipment as well as other top-quality lines. Brooks is a family orientated company that has been providing customers with the most cost-effective construction equipment solutions since 1945. This is an opportunity to be part of a proven, successful support team and enjoy a career with a company that is extremely dedicated to its customers as well as its employees. Brooks Tractor Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Summary of Position
This position is responsible for installation, training and support of various types of grade control equipment and other machine technology components. This individual will manage all pre and post support required for a successful implementation of the product and is instrumental in the success and growth of the grade control business. They will help the division succeed by gaining new customers and promoting repeat business by consistently providing high quality installations, service and repairs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works in conjunction with IGC Sales Specialist on machine/grade control opportunities
- Demo machines with grade control when needed
- Technical Point person for training Sales staff and CSAs
- Install, inspect, maintain, diagnose, and repair grade control and machine technology systems
- Conduct instructor-led and live webinar training programs on grade control use in multiple applications
- Create 3D models or work with 3rd party model providers of jobsites and load into grade control devices
- Set-up base and rovers for jobsites
- Execute other duties as assigned by management
Educations, Skills, and/or Experience Requirements
A Bachelor’s, Technical, or Vocation degree and/or equivalent work experience or training in grade control. Surveying and/or grade checking experience is preferred. Construction equipment operation experience is a plus. 3D modeling experience is preferred. Strong organizational and time management skills. Strong Computer skills. Knowledge of Worksight Solution Department Operations and construction equipment technology. Exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Hazards from electrical, mechanical and power equipment
- Risk of exposure to chemicals such as steam cleaner soap, used oil, spent antifreeze, parts cleaning solvent, volatile hydrocarbons, battery acid
- Extremes of weather
- Mists, fumes and non-continuous noises of varying sound level and intensities
In addition to being able to sit, stand, walk, read, talk, write and hear, to perform the essential functions of this job an individual must be able to do the following additional activities: Capable of lifting and carrying objects weight up to 60 pounds. Able to crawl and climb on/under heavy equipment. Walk over construction/excavation sites (irregular terrain). Stoop, bend kneel and stand for extended periods of time. Able to operate a motor vehicle day and night. Able to travel long distances with some nights out.
Interested candidates should email email@example.com with an updated copy of their resume or should you prefer, fax your resume to (608) 837-4012. As Well, complete our online application, thank you.