Location: Sun Prairie, Milwaukee
Brooks Tractor is a leader in construction equipment sales and support for John Deere construction equipment as well as other top-quality lines. Brooks is a family orientated company that has been providing customers with the most cost-effective construction equipment solutions since 1945. This is an opportunity to be part of a proven, successful support team and enjoy a career with a company that is extremely dedicated to its customers as well as its employees. Brooks Tractor Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Summary of Position
Field position, supporting scheduled maintenance of equipment. Maintain technical and product knowledge of equipment sold within dealerships area of responsibility. Participate in appropriate training as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Follow all safety rules & regulations in performing work assignments
- Performing preventative service maintenance and overhead adjustments
Other Duties & Responsibilities as needed
- Perform diagnosis & repair construction equipment
- Maintain technical and product knowledge on all equipment sold within the dealership’s area of responsibility
- Prepare all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments
- Disassemble and assemble components to manufacturer’s specifications Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service. Research repair needs and order parts as needed
- Load or unload equipment or components from customer owned or common carrier vehicles.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Service Manager and assist other department personnel to ensure customer satisfaction
- Perform in-field machinery diagnostics and repairs as required.
- Serve as an in-field representative for the dealership to provide service solutions and enhance customer satisfaction
- Diagnose, inspect, recondition, repair, assemble, and service equipment as assigned by the supervisor
- Document machine information and repairs completed on work order, including parts and fluids used.
- Maintain a clean work area, as well as care for all shop tools, machines, and equipment
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals
Educations, Skills, and/or Experience Requirements
Successful candidates will have a two-year technical degree and/or at least three years or more of mechanical experience. We are looking for team members that have strong mechanical and diagnostic skills, a good working knowledge of operations and mechanical functions of construction equipment, basic computer skills, and excellent communication skills. John Deere and Hitachi experience would be a plus. Applicants would be required to own their own tools. Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
In addition to being able to sit, stand, walk, read, talk, write and hear, to perform the essential functions of this job an individual must be able to do the following additional activities: occasional heavy lifting (at least 50lbs).
Interested candidates should email firstname.lastname@example.org with an updated copy of their resume or should you prefer, fax your resume to (608) 837-4012. As Well, complete our online application, thank you.