Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Sun Prairie
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all departments
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, payroll, perpetual inventory integrity, fixed asset records, general & entity accounting, cost accounting, Human Resources, and Operations etc.
- Develop, improve and issue timely monthly financial records for Executive Management.
- Assure financial plans are consistent with organizational goals
- Provide financial analysis tools to evaluate company ventures or special projects, programs, capital expenditures, products costing, etc. when necessary
- Assist ownership to manage commercial banking relationships to facilitate an appropriate credit resource under highly competitive terms
- Assure that assets are not awkwardly encumbered with personal guarantees or unrealistic commitments
- Work closely with Executive Management in the development and economic evaluation of various fringe benefit programs for staff and program components
- Interface with outside audit firms(s), banks and lessors, casualty/liability insurance agent(s), credit card companies, and collection agencies
- Provide a visionary and leadership implementation role on behalf of Finance and Human Resources to all departments, creating a well-respected and sought-after department goal
- Report to Executive Management when necessary in writing and verbally
- Supervise overall Operations (including: Safety, Security, Computer Services and Building Maintenance)
- Other duties as necessary
Manages the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Accounting/Finance Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning, directing work, rewarding, disciplining accounting employees, performance reviews, and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university; CPA license is preferred but not required. Master’s preferred but not required; five or more years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language and Mathematical Skills
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries and complaints. Effective and persuasive presentation skills on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups and/or owners.
Must be able to calculate figures and amounts for all bookkeeping, payroll, budgets, statistical analysis and probability statements. Controller must use the utmost discretion in all presentations/correspondence and communication for staff, top management and owners.