Employment Type: Full Time
Construction Equipment Service Manager/Trainee
Job Description: The Service Manager is responsible for the overall service department operations to ensure customer satisfaction and the financial performance of the department including business growth and profitability through marketing and customer visits. This role also provides leadership in recruiting, motivating, managing, training and evaluating service team members.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Job: To lead, supervise and coordinate all functions of the Service Department and be the liaison with other departments in the company as well as manage customer relationships.
Experience / Qualifications: Experience repairing John Deere construction equipment a plus. Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the repair of heavy construction equipment. Supervisory/ management experience required. Must be highly self-motivated with excellent customer service and both oral and written communication skills. A proficiency in business software applications required. Compensation package based on experience and qualifications.
Training position to become a construction equipment service manager upon successful completion of training.
- Strong knowledge and experience in the repair of construction equipment
- Able to effectively communicate with fellow team members and customers
- Proficient business software skills
- Highly self-motivated
- A fast learner
Length of training and compensation package will depend on experience and qualifications of the candidate.
The training will prepare the candidate to take on the following responsibilities of a construction equipment service manager.
Construction Equipment Service Writer
- Ensuring all paper flow and record keeping for the service department is completed and administered properly and efficiently
- Administering all aspects of the warranty claim flow including claim writing, warranty parts return, warranty account reconciliation, and warranty appeals
- Processing technician payroll information
- Working with Service Manager on day to day operations of the service department
- Assisting with job scheduling, customer communication and inventory tracking and flow
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and other software
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Technical Knowledge of Agriculture and/or Construction equipment
- Technical/mechanical aptitude is a plus
- Previous warranty administration experience a plus
Brooks Tractor is a leader in construction equipment sales and support. Located in Sun Prairie, Wisconsin with branch facilities in Milwaukee, De Pere, West Salem, Plover and Mt. Pleasant. Brooks sells and supports John Deere construction equipment as well as other top-quality lines. Brooks is a family orientated company that has been providing customers with the most cost-effective technology driven construction equipment solutions since 1945. This is an opportunity to be part of a proven, successful support team and enjoy a career with a company that is extremely dedicated to its customers as well as its employees.
Brooks Tractor Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Interested candidates should email email@example.com with an updated copy of their resume or should you prefer, fax your resume to (608) 837-4012. As Well, complete our online application, thank you.